Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Job Description Summary
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: To ensure the coordinating of all inbound and outbound shipments are carried out in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Strict compliance to all C&W Services Safety Policies and Procedures including all PolyOne Cardinal Rules.
2) Generate all Bill of Ladings, customer labels, and customer requested labels for outbound shipments.
3) Generate and maintain all customs documents.
4) Process all inbound receipts and paperwork, print receiving labels and report any variances to appropriate client representative
5) Receive all good and assist with unloading trucks utilizing pallet jack and carts to transport goods
6) Load and transport good to production floor utilizing carts and elevator
7) Maintain shipment logs in client database
8) Cycle Count Inventory and research and correct variances in Client database
9) Notifies warehouse of any special instructions on receiving or shipping.
10) Maintain database for inbound shipments
11) Maintain database for outbound shipments
12) Maintain driver sign in sheet and verify load plans
13) Attend monthly safety meetings and complete all required safety training.
14) Order picking and truck load/unload.
15) Breakbulk operation and scheduling bulk shipments.
16) Dispose of waste in proper locations
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
1) Answers inbound phone calls
2) Performs all office duties including faxing, copying, and scanning
3) Have knowledge of standard practices and procedures within a particular field.
4) Must follow established routine. Employee will perform any and all other duties that are assigned by the responsible supervisor.
5) Must have the flexibility to work all shifts including holidays, weekends, and overtime as demanded by the job.
1) Zero customer complaints and zero safety violations
2) Inventory control of 99% accuracy
3) Paperwork accuracy of 100%
1. Education: Possess a high school diploma or approved GED
2. Experience: Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels.
4. Shipping and receiving equipment experience and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets. May be required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel from floor to floor and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery including, but not limited to, telephones, computers, fax, and photocopy machines; regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for Cushman & Wakefield. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.