The Coordinator of Off-Campus Housing at Tanglewood will investigate and secure 40 to 50 properties for Tanglewood Music Center (TMC) faculty, guest artists, Tanglewood Music Center, Tanglewood Learning Institute and Boston Symphony Orchestra (BSO) staff, fellows and other departments for the summer season.
· Issue letters of intent, leasing policies, and leases for all rental for the summer season. Submit payment requests to the business office to ensure prompt payments of both deposits and rental fees. Finalize contracts on all housing, working with representatives from each department, and sometimes with guests themselves.
· Conduct pre- and post-season (if needed) rental inspections, organize cleanings between guest residencies and at the end of the season.
· Keep track of any problems that may arise with rentals, and coordinate remediation with TMC or other BSO offices. Works with TMC and other department staff to coordinate with Seranak housing, as needed.
· During the Tanglewood season, deal with transitions between guests/tenants including organizing quick cleaning and turnover of rental units, troubleshooting as needed with both landlords and guests.
· Organize final cleanings, work with landlords and BSO contacts and do on-site inspections if needed on any damage that needs to be addressed, and return keys.
· Maintain files, plan for the next season and start conversations with potential landlords.
· A minimum of three years of related experience
· Professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Customer service oriented
· Strong organizational skills
· Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
· Knowledge of the Berkshires
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Boston Symphony Orchestra is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and encourages applications from female and minority candidates.”
About Boston Symphony Orchestra @ Tanglewood
The Boston Symphony Orchestra, Inc. engages more people in the remarkable variety and wonder of classical music than any other symphonic organization in the world, bringing music into the lives of millions of people every year. The rich tapestry of offerings by the Boston Symphony, Pops, Tanglewood Music Center and Tanglewood Festival Chorus represent the best that the art form offers. Known for its diverse programs, passionate performances and tradition of innnovation, the Boston Symphony Orchestra has been at the forefront of artistic excellence for more than 135 years.