American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. (AJJ), an association management company, is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for its client, the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN).
AAACN is seeking a visionary leader with demonstrated management or higher level administrative experience in a work setting or nonprofit entity.
The CEO will be responsible for overseeing all organizational operations and working with the Board of Directors to establish strategic direction and fulfill the mission, vision, and goals of the organization.
The successful candidate will have seven or more years of progressively responsible experience serving as a leader in professional associations, along with experience in strategic thinking/planning and management of strategic initiatives and programs. The candidate will possess proven leadership in some or all of the following areas: budgeting and financial management, driving organizational growth, building collaborative relationships internally and externally, managing/coaching staff for excellent service delivery, and effectively working with and developing volunteers.
The CEO will work collaboratively and advise the 9-member AAACN board. Staff management responsibilities will include 3 FTEs through one direct report, the AAACN Director of Association Services. In addition, the CEO will be responsible for the services provided by assigned staff from various AJJ functional departments (i.e., Accounting, Conference Management, Corporate Marketing, Creative Design and Production, Editorial, Education, Fulfillment, Internet, and PR/Association Marketing). The CEO may also be assigned an additional smaller association based on the needs of AJJ.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Licensed Registered Nurse required
- Master’s degree in nursing, health care, business, education, or related field; Doctorate preferred
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential or commitment to obtain the CAE when eligible
- Seven or more years of progressively responsible experience as a leader in professional associations including experience in strategic thinking/planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Management or higher level administrative experience in work setting or nonprofit entity
- Financial management experience (e.g., develop and manage budgets, analyze financial reports)
- Well-developed analytical, critical, and systems thinking skills
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Effective in building and maintaining strong board-staff partnerships
- Strong skills in team-building, coaching, mentoring, and developing board, other volunteers, and staff
- Ability to travel to meet client needs (approximately 5% of time and may increase)
The AAACN CEO Role Description document will provide you with additional information about the position.
The CEO will be an employee of AJJ and assigned to function as the AAACN CEO. The job requires a minimum of 37.5 hours per week with some weekend and evening work.
The CEO will work at the AJJ office located in Pitman, NJ, approximately 30 minutes southeast of Philadelphia.
The projected start date is October 2, 2017. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To receive full consideration, candidates are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible.